Cah Kangkung, also known as water spinach stir-fry, is a classic Indonesian dish loved for its simplicity and delicious flavors. Water spinach, or kangkung, is a leafy green vegetable that pairs perfectly with the aromatic blend of garlic and chili. In this article, we’ll guide you through a homemade Cah Kangkung recipe that you can enjoy in the comfort of your home.
- 300 grams of water spinach (kangkung), thoroughly washed and cut into manageable lengths
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 red chili peppers, sliced (adjust to your desired level of spiciness)
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon of shrimp paste (terasi) (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan over medium heat. If you’re using shrimp paste, add it to the oil and stir until fragrant.
- Add the minced garlic and sliced red chili peppers to the pan. Sauté them until they become fragrant.
- Add the water spinach (kangkung) to the pan and stir-fry the vegetables for a few minutes until they wilt and are cooked but still slightly crisp.
- Season the dish with salt, adjusting to your preferred taste. Continue to stir-fry the kangkung for another minute to allow the flavors to meld.
- Your homemade Cah Kangkung is ready to be served.
Cah Kangkung is a quick, simple, and delightful dish that is often enjoyed as a side dish to accompany rice or as a main course. The combination of tender, slightly crunchy water spinach with the garlic and chili flavors creates a mouthwatering experience.
With this easy-to-follow recipe, you can prepare your homemade Cah Kangkung that’s sure to impress your taste buds. Enjoy this classic Indonesian dish right at home!
Sumber Dari : Rinaresep.com